“This terrific new book challenges many of the prevailing assumptions in organizations and provides a roadmap for HR and operating leaders to work together in a new way to drive strategic success. It merits a place at the top of your reading list.”— Lucien Alziari, Senior Vice-President, Human Resources, Avon Products
According to Becker, Huselid, & Beatty, many companies fall into the trap of spending too much time and money on low performers in nonstrategic roles, while high performers in strategic roles aren't getting the necessary resources, development opportunities, or rewards.
In The Differentiated Workforce, the authors expand on their previous books – The HR Scorecard and The Workforce Scorecard – and recommend that you manage your workforce like a portfolio – with disproportionate investments in the jobs that create the most wealth.
Based on two decades of academic research and experience working with hundreds of companies and executives – The Differentiated Workforce will give you the tools to truly transform your talent into strategic impact.
Learn how to:
- Create a differentiated workforce that competitors can’t easily copy
- Differentiate the truly strategic capabilities in your company
- Identify your wealth-creating "A" positions
- Articulate the roles of HR and line managers
- Develop the right measures for your organization